Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Go figure

This is the second ceramic body of work from this semester. Here are two pieces from my class on ceramic surface treatments and that were posted previously in their green states.



B-mix, white slip, shop clear glaze, decals, and twine




B-mix, black underglaze, white terra sigillata, pearl luster

I tried a couple different techniques with these, which gave me the desired results and have appropriate metaphors for the work.
I haven't found a surface language which I really desire to continue using, and I'm thinking that maybe my language isn't in the surfaces but the forms and objects. I do have ideas for surfaces lined up for this semester which I'm pretty excited to try.

3 comments:

Alex Gracey said...

I still love the bottom figure so much

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them.
I love being able to see your work.
AND I LOVE you.
end of story.
:)

Anonymous said...

the top figure is amazing, kourt. i love the metaphor just as much

<3 sister