Saturday, October 10, 2009

B.A.M.F.

I am currently a part of a departmental show, B.A.M.F. It's a review of work done by this year's ceramics seniors at MICA. It is an impressive spread, if I do say so myself, filled with quality work in a variety of approaches.


For me, it is certainly a privilege to be among a great group of artists. It may be arrogant, but I take pride in knowing I can hold my own among them, especially because I still have moments of feeling like a novice in the studio.
Being several months out from the work, it is nice to see where I'm coming from, but it is so much more relevant for me to focus on where I am going that I almost didn't like to put the figure up! But then again, I always have had a love-hate relationship with my art; I love it when I'm doing it, but I hate it as soon as it's done because I can do better. It's the 80-100 rule.

No comments: