Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The issue as I see it...

Dear All Political Candidates, Lobbying Groups, and Anyone else who has an opinion,

Just because you believe something, that does not mean it needs to be made into a law. The solution is really much simpler than writing legislation. Just don't do what you don't believe in. If you don't agree with abortion, then don't get one. If you don't believe a person shouldn't marry some one of the same sex, then don't marry such a person. Some one might think like Mitt Romney says, "I believe a marriage should be between a man and a woman." Well that's one thing. I won't give you a cookie for it, but you can think that if you like. I'm going to think what I like. For example, I think you shouldn't be allowed within 50 feet of a camera that will allow you to spout your bigoted views and share them with others, but I'm not going to make that a law because you too have freedom of speech. Don't stamp out personal rights and impede the liberty of others to govern themselves as they see fit. You don't have that right. kthx.

PS Stop idolizing the soldiers and veterans who fought and continue to fight as you say "so bravely for our freedom" if all you're going to do is write laws that limit our freedom, yes, that freedom, the one you are worshipping them for fighting to protect.

No comments: