Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hot Damn

These are just a few pieces still in my studio from a woodfire this past month. Made from the studio's Tile 6 and Loafer's Glory stonewares with various glazes and flashing slips. Some pieces were salt fired.





























































These are woodfired pieces I tried water erosion designs with wax resist. Didn't work so well but I hear shellac works better, so maybe next time. The subtlety is nicer in person, though.















I'm going to do some fiber work with these. I'm thinking weaving and crocheting... when I find the time.















Ceramic pinhole cameras. Woodfired, Tile 6 stoneware. For sale at the MICA Art Market!





























More cameras and some bowls to be fired for the Art Market.


Again, I apologize for the weird formatting problems.

2 comments:

JustinWilliams said...

they look good. make sure you get some good photos of them before you sell them? actually how much are you selling them for? have you tried using them at all yet?

Kourtney Stone said...

Oh I will get photos of the cameras. I haven't tried them using yet. The last few are coming out of the kiln tomorrow. I'm finishing one tonight so hopefully by sunday I'll have a photo from it and a few others also.
Not sure about pricing, I'm still talking to my profs about it. If you have suggestions, they are welcome because I'm not sure at all.
And I'll probably have a few of the cameras in the photo dept sat or sun so if you're around you should stop by to check them out.