Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last (Wo)Man Standing

Aaand here is the promised post (well, series of spots) of semester artwork.
*heralding trumpets*
This is all a little overdue, but life has been happening in a whirlwind these days, and it's been all I can do to keep up.


These photos are from our final pose in figure sculpture. We began what was meant to be a four day pose with a female model. She was sick the second day, so we just worked on what we could. Then she failed to show up on the third day, so they so considerately sent us a male model. So this is my final figure sculpture; let's forget about gender titles.







I hated it. There was a lot wrong with it. Switching genders and making it look how you want is a tough thing to do. I think that was the first time I've ever managed to sculpt all ten digits in a figure sculpture class. I never felt there was enough time to finish a sculpture in two days. I

No comments: